Whether I need a quick fix post-exercise or I’m headed out to the grocery store and don’t want to be tempted to kill my budget with extras, this is my go-to quick meal, because I can get greens, protein, and some other dense nutrients in a matter of minutes. Add to that, it tastes great and I keep returning to this recipe over and over!
- 1 scoop Chocolate Protein Powder (I use Chocolate Vegan Shakeology for super dense nutrients)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (water, or your preference milk)
- 1-2 tsp Nut butter (your preference-almond, peanut, etc)
- 1/2 large banana (ripe or frozen)
- 1 cup spinach, packed
- Ice, one handful (or more to your liking)
- Pack the spinach into the bottom of the blender and add water and almond milk. Blend to liquefied state.
- Add in scoop of powder, nut butter, banana and ice. Blend until smooth!
Let me know how you like this recipe, or what adaptations you make to it. I’d love to try out something new!