Source: Marla Stanley
- 8-10 large eggs
- 8 oz chopped tomatoes
- 8 oz. chopped green peppers
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1.5 cups seasoned cooked taco meat we use ground turkey
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or mexican blend cheese
- 1-2 tsp cooking oil (optional) olive, avocado, coconut, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Add chopped vegetables into egg mixture.
- If making in a cast iron pan, preheat your pan and add oil. Begin cooking on the stovetop, and once the outside edges have begun to cook and form a “crust”, transfer to the oven to finish. Bake for 20-30 min. Checking for doneness.
- If using a silicone mold (I use the Demarle Large Round Mold), simply omit cooking oil and add mixture to the mold. Top with tomatoes and cheese. Bake at 350*F for 35-45 min. Checking for doneness.