Going through this time of faith stretching and discipline has helped me to focus on seeing God’s hand at work, and has truly emphasized the details that I otherwise may have missed in day to day. Here are some of the larger provisions that the Lord has already granted us:
- Partial Airfare to Korea (not entire, but a decent chunk to help us pay for the tickets!)
- Travel Money for Pre-Field Orientation in June (traveling from VA to MS and on from there)
- Rent in Korea (Yes, I said RENT! Our income will go completely towards other expenses, savings, etc. and our rent will not be deducted from our paychecks!)
- a job interview for Mason tomorrow! Even part-time income would be so helpful to us during these last few weeks in TX.
Now, here are some other things the Lord has provided to us recently:
- Free Boxes (I have access to tons of boxes being thrown out at the elementary school, and have brought home more boxes than we can even pack at this point!)
- Storage space (Grandma’s are the best, and one of ours happens to be in Austin, TX, just a 3 hour drive from us in Keller. She has plenty of storage space, and has graciously offered us a place to store our earthly junk.)
- Cheap groceries (refer to Mason’s recent post about our change in spending.)
Today has been a surreal day for us and Mason’s family. Mason’s maternal grandmother, Memaw, passed away this afternoon. Memaw would be 90 this May, and lived a full life. She was a sweet and beautiful lady who loved her family and spoiled each of us, even her “married-in” granddaughters. She was a great mother and grandmother! Here is God’s continued provision:
- Memaw passed now, while Mason and I are still in the States. This allows Mason to easily go be with his family.
- Mason does not have a job right now, and has the freedom to visit VA!
- We do not have the finances for Mason to fly to VA, but even that airfare has been provided for!
Wow. I serve an awesome God, who coordinates every detail of life. I love that, and thank Him for His continued provision.
What has been your continued provision from God?